DG Research & Innovation
EURAXESS is a platform for researchers, entrepreneurs, universities and businesses allowing them to interact with each other. More than five hundred Service Centres located in 40 European countries help researchers and their family to plan and organise their move to a foreign country.
€ 3 million
As part of our Horizon 2020 framework contract with DG Research & Innovation INTRASOFT International completely redeveloped the EURAXESS portal (euraxess.eu) in Drupal 7.
Packed with information, EURAXESS covers mobility issues for researchers and entrepreneurs, allows universities and businesses to find the right talent, and connects people, projects and funding. EURAXESS publishes thousands of job offers, provides information about funding opportunities and offers free assistance when moving countries for work.
In a departure from the previous platform, we developed a multi-domain offering – the main EURAXESS portal plus 40 sub sites with own domain URL. National sites that will be hosted on the main site but function as separate domains, allowing for different menus, content, roles, users, etc. The new platform will also now allow users to self-manage information, such as their profiles, CVs and preferences for collaboration. Based on the user profile information can be personalised, with dashboards provided for different roles preferences.
Appearance and navigation of the new platform has been much improved and is has been made fully responsive. Characteristics of the new platform include the following:
- search based on facets and free text - job search, funding search, information, EURAXESS centres, individuals, organisations
- content management available to end users
- content publishing workflow
- events/news management
- contact management, mass mailing
- (organisation self-management: manage profile, jobs posting, collaboration preferences, hosting opportunities
- access rights based on roles and domains
- import and export of information via XML/JSON
- back-office operations validating content, importing/exporting XML files
- widgets supporting external content, iFrames supporting external content
- statistics of accessed data
The new EURAXESS portal is compliant with the DIGIT Drupal multisite platform. The portal was launched in November 2016, being the first Drupal project to be live on the Cloud services of DIGIT.